Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
The Family Medical Leave Act – The Family and Medical Leave Act is legislation, guaranteeing employees job security while they take necessary time away from work. FMLA leave is not intended for people who want a vacation and can’t be used as such. FMLA provides employees with the right to take time away from work to deal with medical issues for themselves or a family member for up to twelve (12) weeks. FMLA is unpaid and only applies to job and position protection when an employee takes time off for an approved reason.
- Eligibility Requirements
- 1 year of employment
- 1250 hours worked in the past 12 months
Short Term Disability
- Short Term Disability (STD) is a benefit available to those employees who are eligible for the medical benefits provided by Mister Car Wash. Not all employees are eligible for STD. They must meet the requirements of the benefit eligibility process. STD paperwork will be provided to the employee once a LOA request form is sent in and eligibility is determined.
- If an employee is benefit eligible, and therefore eligible for STD, STD will cover partial compensation in the event an employee needs to take an extended time off for a personal medical issue.
- There is a two (2) week waiting period, and STD coverage begins on day fifteen. STD covers 60% of an employee’s full-time base salary. Commissions and bonus are not included.
- The type and duration of the medical issue will determine how long a period of time STD will cover. There is a max benefit of eleven (11) weeks paid.