The HDHP with HSA is a medical plan that comes with a lower cost per paycheck, but a slightly higher deductible than the PPO. The Plan also includes a health savings account featuring pre-tax money that is contributed by you and by Mister.
Tell Me More!
How much does the HDHP cost per pay check?
*rates listed are for the 2021/2022 Plan year. To see the 2020/2021 rates, please view the 2020/2021 Benefits Guide.
|Coverage Level||Tobacco User||Non-Tobacco User|
|Employee + Spouse||$139.00||$119.00|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$128.50||$108.50|
|Employee + Family||$169.50||$149.50|
Why choose the HDHP?
- Lower cost per paycheck
- Mister Car Wash puts FREE MONEY in your savings account to help you pay for care
- You keep any money you don’t use for medical care
- Money in your HSA can be used for medical, dental, and vision costs
- You are healthy and don’t visit the doctor often or you want to be prepared for an expensive emergency
How much money does Mister put into my HSA?
Mister Car Wash deposits money every quarter up to the following limits:
- Employee only coverage: $400 per year ($100 every quarter)
- Employee + spouse: $600 per year ($150 every quarter)
- Employee + child(ren): $600 per year ($150 every quarter)
- Employee + family: $800 per year ($200 every quarter)
How do I use my benefits under the HDHP?
Benefits under the HDHP are used the same way as they are under the PPO. The difference is in how the bill gets paid.
There are three terms in the HDHP that you need to know:
- Deductible: the amount that you will pay out of your own pocket before the Plan starts to pay on your behalf
- Coinsurance: the percentage of the bill you must pay after reaching the deductible
- Out-of-pocket maximum: the most you will pay out of your own pocket for the entire year
- This amount includes your deductible, coinsurance, and costs for prescription drugs
- This amount does not include your per paycheck premiums
Preventive care is covered 100% under the Plan. This means that your yearly checkups, well-child visits, immunizations, and a number of other services are available without any out-of-pocket costs to you.
Here’s how billing works under the HDHP:
- You pay the bill for your medical services–at reduced rates–until you have reached your deductible
- After you reach the deductible you pay coinsurance (10% or 20% of the bill) until you then reach your out-of-pocket maximum for the year
- Once you’ve reached your out-of-pocket maximum for the year you will no longer have to pay for medical services–the Plan will pay 100% of all covered expenses. (You will still need to make premium payments every paycheck.)
How do I pay for my medical care under the HDHP?
There are two ways to pay for your medical costs under the HDHP:
- Use money from your HSA
- Pay directly with your own bank account or cash
When you enroll in the HDHP AND activate an HSA savings account with HSA Bank, Mister will put FREE MONEY into your account to help you with your medical costs. The amount you receive is based on the level of coverage you enroll into (such as single or family).
What is the HSA?
The HSA is the savings account attached to your HDHP. It is the savings account into which you can deposit money directly from your paycheck to save for when you have a medical bill to pay. This is also the account where Mister will deposit your FREE MONEY.
Other features of an HSA include:
- Money in the account earns interest
- The account is yours–even if you leave employment with Mister Car Wash
- Contribute up to $3,600 single / $7,200 family per year–tax free!
*When you enroll in the HDHP with HSA you will receive a debit card in the mail from HSA Bank that you can use to pay your out-of-pocket costs.
YOU CAN USE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR YOUR DENTAL AND VISION COSTS, TOO!
Which doctors can I see if I enroll in the HDHP?
You can use any provider you wish under the HDHP and the PPO. However, you will save money by using:
- a UMR Premium Designated Provider
- an In-Network provider
Premium Designated Providers charge the lowest rates.
In-network providers charge low rates.
Out-of-network providers charge the highest rates.
Mister strongly encourages you to use a Premium Designated Provider or other In-Network provider to save money!
How do I find a Provider?
To find a provider in your area contact a Care Coordinator at Quantum Health by phone at 888-971-7277.
How do I get help from Mister Car Wash?
For questions about any of the benefits offered through Mister Car Wash, please contact the HR Helpline at [email protected] or call 844-529-7392.